Saturday, October 01, 2005

Chamaedorea (Parlour Palm)

Today is our 4th year wedding anniversary and indeed, we are delighted with a plant that we just bought from Marks & Spencer this morning. It called “Chamaedorea”, which originated from Mexico, Guatemala and Belize. It may grow up to 4m outside, rarely over 2.5m when grown as an indoor plant.

靖然 told me she was tempted to buy a plant that she had eyed for quite some times last night and I never thought she was actually meant for the same plant that I used to own, when I was a student in 1999. Erm…hardly imagine how tall my first Chamaedorea plant would be, if I would have kept it till now.

I was so surprised and happy when I saw Chamaedorea again. Indeed, we are very happy to have Chamaedorea be part of our family members.

It was quite windy just now. What so silly was we both were so worried to leave our beloved Chamaedorea to face the strong wind outside the window, though we know outdoor is where it should belong to. Apparently, we are just over protective. So, what would you reckon, if that is our first born baby instead…….Sigh!

农历八月二十八日